On October 6, a concept album of RSO’s new musical Tomorrow, the Island Dies streams everywhere you listen to music.
The track list is as follows:
- GIRL OF LEGEND — Jisel Soleil Ayon and cast
- ASYLUM — Jason Gotay
- ON THIS ROCK — Shelby Acosta, Miranda Luze, Nathan David Smith, Tristan Caldwell, Caitlin Doak, Kimberly Onah and cast
- MS. KELLY’S TAPES — Victoria Huston-Elem
- ONLY HUMAN — Jisel Soleil Ayon
- I KNOW YOU — Jack B. Murphy, Caitlin Doak and cast
- THE BEGINNING OF THE END — Tristan Caldwell, Shelby Acosta, Miranda Luze and cast
- THE PRICE OF LIVING — Charlie Fusari
The concept album is produced by RSO, Joshua Zecher-Ross, Very Intense Productions, and AT New Works, and is a commission from Samford University.
The musical tells the story of “Widow Clack, 18 and pregnant, who lives an exiled life running a lighthouse with her brother on a storm-crushed island set to be uninhabited in two days. When a young man is found dead on the beach, the remaining collection of young adults (left to make final preparations for the abandonment) combust into dangerous accusations leading to devastating division and ultimately, death. When a final, unexpected storm impacts the island, can Widow save the villagers from themselves?”
Joshua Zecher-Ross music directs a cast featuring Jason Gotay, Victoria Huston-Elem (The Addams Family), Jisel Soleil Ayon (Waitress, Hamilton), Shelby Acosta (1776), Kim Onah (& Juliet), Charlie Fusari (Pretty Woman), Miranda Luze (Come from Away), Ethan Carlson (Waitress), Nathan David Smith (Come from Away), Tristan Caldwell, Caitlin Doak, Nicole Deluca, Jack Murphy, and Grace Ellis Solomon.